UFT training course is designed to provide new users with the knowledge necessary to work at a basic and advanced level with Unified Functional Testing. The course also includes Basics of Software Testing along with different types and stages of Testing involved in the Real-Time project for ensuring a high quality Software Product/Project. This course is mainly focused on how to use Unified Functional Testing as an automated functional testing tool. This course addresses topics such as recording and running tests, analysing results, adding synchronisation points and checkpoints, enhancing scripts by implementing data driven tests, Parameterization, Static & Dynamic Descriptive programming, checkpoints and working with the object repository. The UFT training also includes exercises based on sample applications with real-life Test scenarios. The hands-on Lab exercises will augment the individual's scripting capabilities as well as familiarize them with the Real time implementation issues.
Our UFT/QTP training provides a comprehensive understanding of HP’s Automated Functional Testing tool covering the technology, process and the best practices needed to be successful in any automation effort
Instructor hold good (7+) experience in Software Testing both Manual and Automation of Geographical Information System (GIS) Desktop Applications. Worked with different Teams and projects with various Development Methodologies. He trained Teams (internal) on Agile Test Process and Test Automation Tools. He worked with several Automation Test tools like Rational Visual Test, QTP/UFT, Coded UI, SUITE (In-House Test Tool). He have worked on several QTP projects to perform large-scale regression tests, Parameterization suite in implementation projects, using various technologies like Visual Basic, Active X, .Net, Telerik. He involved in designing different framework for different Desktop GIS Applications. He Lead a Team in building a Robust Hybrid Test framework that handles Localization (L10n) setups too.
- Working knowledge of:
- Windows Applications
- Web sites and browsers
- Basic Testing concepts
- Awareness to the concepts of functionality testing.
- What's the difference between QTP and UFT?
- What do I take away from the course?
- When are the courses held?
- Do I get a material (hard copy) to keep for reference?
- Where are the training courses held?
- Is the training both practical and theory based?
- Will I get a certificate?
- Is there an exam?
- Do you provide one-to-one training?
- Do I need any previous practical experience?
- Which course do I need?
- How does the Complete UFT course differ to the separate UFT Intro & Advanced courses?
- Do you offer post course support?
- What is Software?
- Introduction/Overview to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Introduction/Overview to Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Bug Life Cycle.
- Types of Testing.
- Drawbacks of Manual Testing.
- Advantages of Automation Testing.
Introduction to UFT
- History of UFT.
- UFT installation process.
- New features added to UFT 12.
- Supporting Environments.
- License types.
- Starting UFT window.
- Add in Manager window.
- Solution Explorer.
- How to create GUI test.
- How to add action to the test.
- Editing multiple actions/tests.
Key Elements of UFT IDE
- Test Pane (Keyword View/Expert View).
- Active Screen.
- Data Table.
- Debug Viewer.
- Missing resources.
Create a Test script
- Test planning/Create the environment
- Recording/Create the basic test.
- Enhancing the script.
- Debugging the script.
- Running the script.
- Analyze the Test results.
- Reporting the defects.
Record and Playback Modes
- Creating and executing a basic test.
- Recording a test.
- Understanding the recorded test.
- Running a test.
- Recording modes.
- Normal recording.
- Analog recording.
- Low level recording.
- Insight Recording.
- Analyze QTP Test Results window.
Types of Object in UFT
- Test Object.
- Run Time object.
- Utility objects.
- Automation objects.
- Local repository.
- Shared repository.
- How UFT identifies Objects.
- Working with Test Objects.
- Object Repository Introduction
- Identifying the Object
- Highlighting the object
- Viewing the Object’s Properties
- Object Repository Introduction
- Add the objects to OR manually.
- Object Spy.
- Managing Object Repositories.
- Merging Shared Object Repositories.
- Associating Shared Object Repositories to a Test.
Object Identification Mechanism
- Configuring Object Identification.
- Smart Identification mechanism.
- Ordinal Identifiers.
- Image based object Identification.
Introduction to VBScript
- VB Script Language Overview.
- VB Script Data Types.
- VB Script Variables.
- Conditional statements (If and Select).
- Loops (For, Do While, Do Until).
- Coding standards.
- Naming conventions.
- Checkpoint Introduction.
- Adding Checkpoints to a Test.Types of Checkpoints.
- Adding Checkpoint while Recording
- Adding Checkpoint while Editing
- Standard Checkpoint.
- Text Checkpoint.
- Text Area Checkpoint.
- Bitmap Checkpoint.
- Database Checkpoint.
- Accessibility Checkpoint.
- XML Checkpoint (From Application).
- XML Checkpoint (From Resource).
- Page Checkpoint.
- Image Checkpoint.
- Table Checkpoint.
- File Checkpoint.
- Output value Introduction.
- Adding Output value to a Test.
- i. Adding Checkpoint while Recording
- ii. Adding Checkpoint while Editing
- Types of Output value
- i. Standard Output value
- ii. Text Output value
- iii. Text Area Output value
- iv. Database Output value
- v. XML Output value (From Application)
- vi. XML Output value (From Resource)
- Step generator.
- Function definition generator.
- Virtual objects.
Working with Data tables
- Introduction to Data tables.
- Working with Global and Action sheets.
- Importing and Exporting data.
- Working with Data Table methods.
Working with Environment variables
- Built-in Variables.
- User Defined Variables.
- Defining, modifying and associating environment variables.
- Loading Environment file during run-time.
- Introduction to Parameterization.
- Parameterizing using Data table.
- Parameterizing using Environment variables.
- Parameterizing using random numbers.
- Types of actionsCreating an Action.
- i. Non-reusable Actions
- ii. Re-Usable actions
- iii. External Actions
- Splitting Actions.
- Renaming an Action.
- Deleting an Action.
- Making an Reusable/Non-Reusable.
- Calling an existing Action.
- Copying an Actions.
- Action Parameters.
Synchronization & Transactions
- Synchronizing the tests:
- i. Adding wait statement
- ii. Adding Exist statement
- iii. Inserting Synchronization point
- i. Start Transaction
- ii. End Transaction
- Introduction to Regular Expressions.
- Defining Regular expressions.
- Running and analyzing a test with Regular Expressions
- Introduction to Recovery Scenarios.
- When to use Recovery Scenarios.
- Defining Recovery Scenarios.
- Recovery Scenario Manager.
- Managing Recovery Scenarios.
- Associating Recovery Scenarios to your Test.
- Inserting/Removing Break points.
- Watch/ variable.
- Step by step execution.
- Step - IN
- Step - Out
- Step - Over
- Advantages of Descriptive Programming.
- Handling Dynamic objects.
- Getting child objects.
- Create a script using both OR and DP for an application.
Working with the Objects
- Working with Databases.
- Working with Excel.
- Working with QTP object.
- Working with File System Object:
- Working with Arrays/Dictionary objects:
- Error Handling:
- On Error Resume Next.
- On Error Go to.
UFT Tools and Utilities
- Activity Wizard.
- Additional Installation Requirements.
- HP Micro Player.
- HP UFT Installation Validation tool.
- Java Add-in JRE Support Tool.
- License Validation Utility.
- Password Encoder.
- Register Browser Control Utility.
- Remote Agent.
- Run Result Deletion Tool.
- Silent Test Runner.
- soapUI to API Test Converter.
- Stingray Support Configuration Wizard.
- Test Batch Runner.
- Introduction to Framework.
- Overview of the Frameworks.
- i. Modularity Framework
- ii. Keyword-Driven Framework
- iii. Data-Driven Framework
- iv. Hybrid Framework
Sample Project using any of the Hybrid Framework.